Monday, May 23, 2011

PETROSIAN'S LEGACY

There was a book with this title written by the late Armenian World Chess Champion Tigran Petrosian. I am looking for a quote from it (should you happen to own a copy).

Originally I thought it was in How to Open a Chess Game, but I couldn't find it under the Petrosian Chapter (of course there is the possibility I missed it, or it was written by someone else, the quote).

In his quote he made a comment many of us feel-- that no matter which side of the board we are on, theory (primarily books in those days) favors the other side. I was always amused by this because it seems to true.

If anyone can find it, I would appreciate their passing it on to me at:

bob@thinkerspressinc.com

PS: Good friend Andy Ansel tried to find it, but so far he has not, so it is time to spread the net further.

No comments:

Post a Comment