Tuesday, February 22, 2011

HAVE ALREADY HEARD FROM ONE ON THE SOIREE!

People I've known over the years cover just about ever strata of life. One thing most of them have in common is stress on the job. You may not think so, but as you get older you find out it WAS true! I know I did. I never really thought I was under "stress" even though I had lots of responsibilities that I could and did handle. Now when I look back I see how "useless" many of them were--should have been lower on my "priorities list."

So the chess soiree I have been talking about recently offers you a chance to get away from your current grind whether you are retired (even that can be a grind due to its very "unstructured nature" one person (actually two) told me).

Minnesota is beautiful and if I can get 10-20 people to come it will be another great event. Look at the Chess Festivals... they kept growing, so did the Chess Clinics... but each time I feel I have to start completely over again because, I get the thought which I think occurs to some, "How can it be better than what I've already had?" That's nothing more than the fear of "lack of imagination."

You don't even have to make a commitment at this moment, just tell me you are interested and I will keep you up to date! It looks like:
1) a wooded area, log cabins and main area, but a lake in Minnesota.
2) meeting old and new friends (always some new people),
3) chess is the main topic on the menu but there could be other things too,
4) you don't have to be a genius (most people aren't anyway),
5) we will have a "great fireside" get together,
6) tell us what is on YOUR mind and we will tell you what is on ours... and
7) I will have a very special guest or there will be no event.

Probably be two nights where you can get away from depressing news, and all the b.s. that goes on in the lives of each of us.

Great food. Great friendships. Great times. Sometimes between June and August it looks like.

We won't allow you to HUG any bears!

Contact me at:

bob@thinkerspressinc.com

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could help you with the site but I just moved here over a year and a half ago and I am still not familiar with the MN terrain.

    ReplyDelete