Monday, October 4, 2010

MY SEARCH FOR CHESS PERFECTION

The front and back cover design is finished for the revised Purdy book.
The inside of the book is finished... but an ad will go in for a Purdy URL and web site, which I am working on tonight. But first, I am reading terms of working with this company--15 pages of small print.

You have to do that, even if you don't want to because they may have a clause which says something totally ridiculous. I had that happen to me once when I was about to sign a leasing contract for a photocopier. At one point it said, "Machine may be removed, at any time, for any reason, at the request of the lessor." I called him up and told him this wasn't going to happen. He told me to "strike" that phrase and initial it.

I figured that the reason for that clause is not really to sabotage a good customer it is to handle bad customers who want to fight everything and anything. So with that clause it allows the lessor to just remove it and say, "Talk to you later," otherwise the user may damage the equipment.

So when I read through a 15 page, fine print document, it is very hard to exited about doing anything. It could kill sex between two praying mantis'... thereby saving the male's life!

Maybe something tonight, we'll see.

Bob

bob@thinkerspressinc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment